There are many PHP-related mailing lists available on our server. Most of them are archived, and all of them are available as newsgroups on our news server. You can search some mailing lists right from this website from the search page or by using the search input box selecting the appropriate option on the top-right of every page.
When posting to mailing lists or newsgroups, please keep the following in mind:
- Use a valid email address. Every new poster's email address is checked for validity through confirmation.
- Send plain ASCII messages, no HTML-formatted emails please.
- Turn on word wrapping so your entire message doesn't show up on a single line.
- Be sure to click Reply-All to reply to list. Clicking Reply will email the author of the message privately.
- No attachments please, just post a URL if you want someone to look at something.
- Don't GPG/PGP sign your messages. If you want people to be able to send you encrypted email, stick your key-locator in your signature
- Don't hijack other peoples' threads. To post on a new topic, start a new message, don't reply and just change the subject.
- Check the archives before posting a question, chances are it has already been asked and answered a few times.
- When asking a question, don't just tell us, "it doesn't work". Tell us what you are trying to accomplish, a short code snippet showing how you tried to solve it, what you expected to get and what you got instead.
And make sure you have read our Mailinglist Rules.
You will be sent a confirmation mail at the address you wish to be subscribed or unsubscribed, and only added to the list after following the directions in that mail.
Warning: The PHP users mailing list gets close to 1500-2000 messages per month currently. Do the math. That translates to about 60 messages per day. If your mailbox can't handle this sort of traffic you might want to consider subscribing to the digest list instead (two messages per day), using the news server, or reading the mailing list using the archives.
Mailing list options
All of the mailing lists hosted at lists.php.net are managed using the ezmlm-idx mailing list software.
There are a variety of commands you can use to modify your subscription.
Either send a message to
firstname.lastname@example.org (as in,
email@example.com) or you can view the commands for